Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Pet Peeve

I don't usually get upset, but there is on thing I Hate: The bank charged me overdraft fee for a check that didn't belong to me. One day in the morning, I opened computer to check my bank account. I was so surprised that the bank paid one check which it didn't have my name, address and signature on it, but the account number was the same. Also I didn't have enough funds to cover that check, but the bank still paid for it and charge me overdraft fee. I called the bank, I got credit back for the check amount only; I was still charged the overdraft fee. That was not fair to me. The banker told me that she couldn't do anything about it because the account was closed. She didn't have power to see my account. That happened on Saturday. I waited until Monday to talk to the bank manager, finally, the overdraft fee was credited back to me.

1 comment:

  1. Good job taking care of this issue -- and of course nobody pays you for all the extra TIME it took for you to resolve this. Very irritating situation! You explained it very well. A few grammar changes:
    charged me an overdraft fee
    for a check that didn't belong to me
    I was so surprised that the bank .... account number was the same
    enough funds
    only; I was still charged the overdraft fee.
    she couldn't do anything about it because....
    That happened on Satruday.
    was credited back to me.

    ReplyDelete